The South Coast Needs YOU

Dear readers, forgive me, it’s been a little while since I last blogged (that sounds like I should be in a confessional). I needed to recharge my batteries, so I went away to a magical place right on my door step, jiggled my chackras around and restored my sanity. More on that another time though. Today I am talking about an exciting new project I am working on, one that is very close to my heart and home.  I am currently helping with a free vintage and music event that will take place over the Jubilee weekend. Yes you read that correctly, it’s free to attend. And that’s not all. It’s going to take place in Portsmouth Historic Dockyard, home to HMS Warrior 1860, HMS Victory and the Mary Rose. Victorious Vintage will feature live music all day, a huge vintage market, a boat house cinema, classic vehicles dancing and a competition for the best dressed attendees. Standard ticketing to the attractions still aplies but there will be so much else going on.

This project is very much a community affair. The dockyard is a registered charity and the ladies behind Love Southsea and The Boutique Market have a long legacy of organising fundraisers and fairs. The aim is to introduce the area to different demographics and to also celebrate the Jubilee in style. What better backdrop can you ask for? I live just down the road and the smell of the sea and the sight of these beautiful ships never fails to cheer me up. What an exciting place for a huge party for thousands of people. This project is not my baby, but I am none the less very happy to be lending my support.

However I do need your help. If you are from the region and you have a love of vintage or a skill, or you are vendor, then please get in touch and let me know. We would really like to showcase the best of south coast talent and prove that not everything happens in London 😉

Do you do vintage hair or make –up?

Do you sell vintage and home wares?

Would you like to model in a bathing beauty pageant?

Do you dance?

Do you sing?

Do you sell locally produced food?

Is vintage your thing?

If this is something you would like to get involved in then please get in touch via the contact page on my website.

I look forward to hearing from you!

Naomi x

Subscribe to comments Comment | Trackback |
Post Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Browse Timeline

Comments ( 13 )

Hello, my name is Lucy and I do vintage hair in the south east. I regularly go to vintage fairs and events with a make up artist and we have our own pop-up parlour. I would be really interested in working at your event. If you would like to take a look at my website please do.

Lucy Hayward commented on Mar 14 12 at 9:53 pm

Hi Naomi,

I’m a portrait and fashion photographer. What a great opportunity to get some fantastic pictures. I’d love to get involved. You can view my work on my website. Please do get back to me

Michael Clement commented on Mar 15 12 at 1:01 pm

This sounds FAB and I have been meaning to pay another visit to the Mary Rose for a good long while. I feel a road trip coming on….

LandGirl1980 commented on Mar 15 12 at 10:06 pm

Hi Naomi,

First off, this sounds fantastic! Second of all, I am a burlesque performer originally from the Isle of Wight, and would love to offer my services. The bathing beauty contest also sounds right up my street! Drop me a line uf you’d be interested 🙂 x

Natalie commented on Mar 19 12 at 12:57 pm

This sounds amazing, I’m so excited. I live just outside of Southampton so I am definitely coming to this. None of my friends are really into Vintage, and I’ve only recently discovered it myself. Hoping I can find someone to join me… otherwise I might be heading over alone!

Hayley commented on Mar 25 12 at 10:50 am

A lovely day out for me – but no work!

Mama Hep commented on Mar 25 12 at 5:44 pm

hi naomi, im a burlesque performer and i woud also love to perform on this day for you , get in touch love petrova.

petrovadelex commented on Mar 25 12 at 7:06 pm

Hi there. I am a vintage seller primarily and have been for more than 40 years! I have recently become a fair organiser also but still enjoy just coming away to work! I am based in the south west now but spent my childhood in Petersfield so your fair is on my home patch so to speak! My partner and I would very much like to have a stand at your event.

Fenela commented on Mar 26 12 at 5:34 pm

hi please could you tell the address of who i contact to book a table ect thankyou

lisa commented on Mar 28 12 at 2:23 pm

Lisa, what is your email address? You can contact me via the ‘contacts’ page on my site. Thanks Naomi x

Naomi Thompson commented on Mar 29 12 at 5:41 pm

Hello
Not sure if you’re still looking for entertainers…. i’m milking my title of ‘Best Dressed at Goodwood Revival 2011’ and launched Dawns Vintage Do.
Let me know if you’re still looking.. I have been in contact with you via your facebook page (Abi?)…
Hope to hear from you soon
Dawn

Dawn Gracie commented on Mar 31 12 at 1:29 pm

Hi

I’m a vintage pin up model looking for someone to do my hair and make up for thus event for two days 🙂

Gemma commented on May 12 12 at 6:45 pm

I am also happy to be part of the event see my website for examples of my work

Gemma commented on May 12 12 at 6:46 pm