!!Festival of Vintage and Book Competition!!

Did you all have a nice weekend? I felt like it was the busiest of the year. Goodwood Revival, Southsea Fest, London Fashion Week, Strong Island bike ride and the first ever British Beard and Moustache championship (not that I made it to most of those – just the Southsea Fest and bike ride – both immense but knackering fun). All rounded off by a new series of Downton Abbey. I’m a bit broken today to be honest, so I’m going to keep this blog short and sweet.

To start the new week I’m going to have a competition. The prize: a copy of my book Style Me Vintage, Clothes and two free tickets to the Festival of Vintage which takes place this Sunday at Epsom Racecourse.

I’m looking forward to catching up with Lekeux Events who did hair and make-up at Victorious Vintage. My good friend Liz Tregenza will be there also with her giant collection of Horrockses dresses. We will be judging the best dressed competition, and yes we do accept bribes. I gave a talk at the York festival and the shopping and outfits were outstanding.  It’s up there with Revival in terms of quality.

To win tweet me what you would wear or leave a comment below. Competition ends Wednesday!

Subscribe to comments Comment | Trackback |
Post Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Browse Timeline

Comments ( 6 )

Ooh I’d love to go & I’d so love your book too! :0) After many months of practicing, I have perfected my Victory Rolls & 40s makeup. So I’d don my best spotty tea dress & matching spotty T-bar shoes, & get ready to soak up the vintage vibe at the race course. Keep Calm & Rock Vintage! Xx

Binty Mustard commented on Sep 17 12 at 11:35 am

I absolutely love the 60’s trend so I would wear a little 60’s dress with brogues and little ankle socks! With my hair in a beehive, big eyes and a slick of lipstick! xx

Rebecca commented on Sep 17 12 at 11:57 am

What a great competition!!
Well, I’d wear a long black highwaisted skirt with nice small bottons on the front, which I got from a vintage market in Angel, a small cream blouse with a collar, brown flat shoes and red lipstick!
xx

Nicole commented on Sep 17 12 at 1:36 pm

Nicole you have won! Congrats, sending you an email now

Naomi Thompson commented on Sep 21 12 at 10:37 am

This sounds such a fab competition. I am a 40s nut. I make my own clothes and wear this fashion on a daily basis. So on Sunday I will be wearing a hand made (by me) tea dress in green to complement my VERY red hair!! an origional green felt hat and (weather permitting) a pair of very precious 40s origional sandels given to me by an elderly friend before she passed away. My only concession to “modern” are the seamed holdups from Primark which are great and industrial strength!! Hopefully me and my fellow jivers will be able to cut a rug on Sunday. Thanks

Heather commented on Sep 18 12 at 3:29 am

You KNOW what I would wear lady. SPARKLES! Specifically either a pink ankle-length lurex prom dress (my mum thinks 60s, I think 70s) with some ludicrous Irregular Choice shoes, or (if tis chilly) the subtle approach of a pleated circle skirt, sparkle knit and perhaps gold pumps… ;0)

Perdita commented on Sep 18 12 at 8:10 am